- I am grateful for my clients. Thank you for believing in yourself, your body and your ability to become pain free. Thank you for trusting in the process of Postural Alignment Therapy (Egoscue). Thank you for referring your friends, family and coworkers to Oregon Exercise Therapy. Thank you for the gifts of food, flowers, books, and jokes. Thank you for teaching me so much and giving me the opportunity to teach you something. And thank you for slowing down and running at my pace when I know you could have run so much faster on our runs together!
- I am grateful for my colleagues and allies in the pain free movement. Thank you for teaching me many new things and sharing your insights about the human body, injury, healing, and the human spirit. Thank you for allowing me to share my beliefs about the human body, posture, and exercise therapy with you, your clientele, patients, and employees. Thank you for the speaking opportunities and workshops I have been able to teach.
- I am grateful for my family for all your love and support! Thank you for believing in my dreams and allowing me to follow my passions. Thank you to my kids for being great examples of perfect posture, function, health, and play. Thank you for reminding me on a daily basis what is most important in life.
- I am grateful for Pete Egoscue. Thank you Pete Egoscue for starting the Egoscue Method. After years of running injuries and starting to lose my belief that the human body is designed perfectly and that we are born to run, I read your book The Egoscue Method of Health Through Motion and it reaffirmed my positive beliefs. It gave me tools to restore my posture, correct my postural imbalances, and restore my function and return to an active pain free live.
- I am grateful for the amazing human body. I am grateful the human body is designed with its eight major load joints aligned vertically and horizontally and an S-curved spine that allows strength, mobility, and agility. I am grateful the human body is designed to run, jump, swim, climb, throw, catch, twist, turn, push, pull, fall and get back up again and do it all again every day of our lives. I am grateful the human body is designed to allow us to live pain free and active lives without limitations. I am grateful that all the body asks for is a daily dose of movement to stay pain free. I am grateful that the body sends us messages (tightness, weakness, fear, pain, changes in posture, etc) to let us know when we are not giving it enough or the right mix of movement. I am grateful for the ability for the human body to heal itself and return to full health.
- I am grateful for nature and our beautiful world we live in. This video says it better than I ever could:
Thanksgiving is a time of year to focus on all we have to give thanks for and be grateful for. Here is my gratitude list for 2013:
What are you grateful for this year? Who do you want to say "thank you" to?
About Matt Whitehead
I'm an Egoscue University certified Postural Alignment Specialist (PAS) and Advanced Exercise Therapist (AET), certified personal trainer, PatchFitness performer, FiveFingers wearer, trail runner, cyclist, dad, music lover, environmentalist, hiker, and wanna-be slam dunk champion. I will be providing you with the latest posture exercises to help you live, play, and be pain free.