- Do the same thing every day.
- Do something new every day.
- Do something fun every day.
- Give yourself and others a break this year.
- Follow your heart.
- Trust your intuition.
- Relax more.
- Play more.
- Love unconditionally.
- Do the same thing every day - find something positive for your health and do it every day. The easier this thing is to do daily, the more powerful it will be. Start with something totally doable and commit to doing it 365 days this year. 5 minutes of Static Back. Go on a walk at lunch. Do 25 pushups, situps, or lunges. Drink water at breakfast instead of coffee, soda, or an energy drink. Smile at a stranger. Pick something and do it every single day this year.
- Do something new every day - yes this sounds counter to my first suggestion, but in reality these two put together will have great benefits. We get stuck in a rut and breaking loose changes everything. Doing something new every day will have great benefits. Eat a new fruit or vegetable every day (you'll be supprised how many you can find!). Do a new e-cise every day (yes there's over 365, feel free to ask me if you need suggestions). Change your workout every day, even if it's just a small change your body will thank you.
- Do something fun every day - yes life is supposed to be fun, we just forgot about doing fun things after the age of 9 or so. Watch a funny movie. Play tag or sports with your kids. Play a card or board game with family or freinds. Go dancing. Run through the sprinklers or a fountain. Chase after butterflies. Play with your dog. 🤣
- Give yourself and others a break this year - don't beat yourself up if you don't keep your new year's resolution. Forgive others for breaking their promises, not living up to your expectations, or doing something stupid. Forgive, forget, move-on, laugh it off. Life is too short and we all need second or third chances.
- Follow your heart - in the age of the internet and expert opinions everywhere, we rely of information, facts, and others opinions way too much and forget that how important it is to follow our heart. ❤️
- Trust your intuition - this is similar to the last one, but is very important to point out that our gut instincts and intuition are to be trusted always.
- Relax more - technology has not helped us here with the availability of constant texts, tweets, chats, posts, emails, and phone calls there is always something grabbing our attention and demanding our time. Turn off your cell phone and relax for at least 5 minutes. Try doing Static Back or taking a bath. 🛀
- Play more - play fell by the wayside with fun at about the age of 9 or 10, but it is well worthwhile bringing back. Play daily with friends, family, co-workers, or your dog. Tag, dodgeball, basketball, table tennis, catch, anything. ⛹️♀️🏓
- Love unconditionally - unconditional love is the basis of all great relationships - with your significant other, children, parents, friends - but many of us have many conditions to our love. Stop loving people only if they do or act certain ways. Love them no matter what. Enjoy the messiness of life and the imperfection in everybody. Ours pets love us unconditionally; can we love everyone unconditionally also? 💕
- Breathe - breathing is the most essentail thing to life, but we rarely do it intentionally. Stop every day and just breathe. Relax everything (Static Back often helps) and just focus on deep, relaxed, and full inhales and exhales.
Leave your comments below about what you are doing, how it is going, and what other great ideas you come up with!
What makes humans unique?
Key to health: variety