Don't Believe Everything You Hear
If you have heard any of the following things, think twice before you believe them. They are more than likely not true, even though they are commonly held beliefs. These are the 10 biggest myths about your body and health:
- It's genetic.
- Your body is fragile.
- It's normal aging.
- The human body is not well designed.
- It's inflammation.
- It's overuse.
- Surgery will fix the problem.
- It's just bad luck.
- You just need to strengthen your core.
- Stretching is bad for you.
1. It's genetic. If you are talking about your brown eyes or red hair, then yes it's probably genetic. But if you are talking about your "bad knees", "weak back", "poor posture", or "flat feet" you are wrong. Those are not things you genetically inherent from your parents but rather develop from the way you are using (or not using) your body. The good news is since it's not genetic, you can do something about it. (Start here)