...there's no evidence that regular running damages knees.
1. Runners don't get arthritis in their knees more often than nonrunners.
2. The above is true regardless of your age.
3. Supplements won't re-grow knee cartilage.
4. Runner's knee is usually caused by issues elsewhere.
5. There are some simple ways to keep your knees happy.
Read the article: Runner's World: 5 Things Runners Should Know About Knees
Knee joint osteoarthritis
Why runners don't get knee arthritis
Patellofemoral pain and your posture
Meniscus surgery ineffective
Preventing ACL injuries