- Start on your hands and knees with your fingers pointed straight ahead.
- Be sure your hips are directly above your knees and that your shoulders are directly above your hands.
- For the Cat position: Pull your hips under, push your upper back toward the ceiling, and pull your chin toward your chest as you breathe out.
- For the Dog position: Roll your hips forward to put an arch in your lower back, collapse your shoulder blades together, and look up as you breathe in.
- Move slowly back and forth between the Cat and Dog positions 10 times.
How posture affects lung capacity
Neck curvature and car accidents
Cats and Dogs